As distributed last week by Joe Kalinowski, CIO and VP for Information Technology.
In March of this year ITS performed a campus-wide satisfaction survey. Over 1,200 faculty, staff, and students participated answering a variety of questions about dozens of different services ITS provides, including classroom technology, networking, support and training, and much more. Thank you for a great response and sharing your thoughts with us. Over the fall ITS has reviewed and analyzed the data provided by you and comparison data from other institutions. We’re proud of many of the results and opinions shared, with some of the highlights below.
- Strong Support: Community members overwhelmingly consider our service staff (Help Desk, ATS and AIS) friendly, knowledgeable, reliable, and responsive.
- High Service Satisfaction: Satisfaction with ITS services is highly rated with 98% of services having at least an 80% satisfaction rating (mostly and fully satisfied).
Your feedback has also helped shape our priorities, including:
- Computer Replacements: Investing additional attention and new technology to fully recover from the pandemic and supply chain issues to refresh campus computing hardware.
- Classroom Technology: Starting in summer 2023, all scheduled classroom renovations will retire the OWL cameras and add improved audio and video capabilities.
- Ease of Logging into Systems: We will continue to transition all eligible services to Single Sign-On and investigate easier methods of password resets.
- Moodle: Starting next semester, Moodle will be replaced with Canvas.
- Wireless Access and Performance: Continue a two-year project of comprehensive upgrades, evaluation of outdoor coverage, and identify improved reporting mechanisms for issues.
Thank you all again for taking the time to complete the survey and giving us this valuable information that we will use to inform our services, support, and practices over the coming years.
While we plan to perform the survey again in Spring 2024 to help benchmark our progress, please know that we’re always eager for feedback so don’t hesitate to reach out to the Help Desk (email@example.com, 508-793-7745) or an ITS staff member with questions, concerns, suggestions, or compliments.