As we all settle into Canvas, ATS is excited to offer Canvas March Madness – a series of Canvas workshops on Zoom targeting some of the more advanced topics in our new LMS.
Click here for full information on the workshops, and links to join the zoom sessions (no registration required)
Using the SpeedGrader
Learn how to use many faculty members’ favorite Canvas tool – the Speed Grader. SpeedGrader allows you to view and grade student assignment submissions in one place using a simple point scale or complex rubric. Some document assignments can be marked up for feedback directly within the submission. You can also provide feedback to your students with text or media comments.
- Wednesday, March 1st: 4pm to 5pm
- Friday, March 3rd: 9am to 10am
- Tuesday, March 21st: 12pm to 1pm
Using Turnitin with Canvas
Turnitin is fully integrated with Canvas, allowing you to use both the plagiarism checking functionality, and the Feedback Studio.
- Thursday, March 2nd: 12pm to 1pm
- Friday, March 17th: 12pm to 1pm
Syllabi and Setting Dates
Many faculty and students like to provide a web-version of their syllabus, and Canvas makes this incredibly easy. Automatically adding all important dates to the Syllabus link in Canvas can keep give your students a one-stop page for up-to-date information on due dates and assignments.
- Monday, March 13th: 12pm to 1pm
Setting up your Gradebook
Using the Canvas gradebook can save faculty a lot of time, and students a lot of anxiety, but we know that the setup can be overwhelming. This session will walk you through some common gradebook setup and answer many of your questions
- Wednesday, March 15th: 12pm to 1pm
Rubrics are a great assessment tool to help communicate expectations, increase grading efficiency and align your course and assignment with any departmental or external outcomes.
- Thursday, March 23rd: 12pm to 1pm
Office Hours for Faculty, Staff and TAs
Got questions about Canvas that won’t be covered in our workshops? Join our Zoom Office Hours.
- Monday, March 27th: 12pm to 1pm
- Tuesday, March 28th: 9am to 10am
- Wednesday, March 29th: 4pm to 5pm
- Thursday, March 30th: 9am to 10am
- Friday, March 31st: 12pm to 1pm