Whether you’re headed to the beach or keeping it cool indoors, you can use tech to make the most of your summer. Learn something new, immerse yourself in a virtual world, and stay hydrated!
If you love the outdoors…
Borrow a Mass Audobon pass from Goddard Library and explore some of the eleven nature sanctuaries in Central Massachusetts. Learn more about your surroundings by downloading apps such as PlantSnap and Merlin BirdID and go on a scavenger hunt in the park or around your neighborhood.
If you love beach reading…
Download the Libby app to borrow e-books and audiobooks completely free!
Add Clark’s library to the app to check out classic novels, philosophical texts, and contemporary romances. Clark students and Massachusetts residents are also eligible to register for an ecard at Worcester Public Library or Boston Public Library to borrow even more books and read them on phones, tablets, or e-readers. You can register for ecards online.
Click here for instructions on adding libraries to the app. Please contact email@example.com with any questions.
Please note that these apps are not affiliated with Clark University. You should always check privacy policies and terms of service before creating an account.
If you love enjoying the Air Conditioning…
Get into some new video games! ITS folks are enjoying or looking forward to:
- Immortality if you’re into narrative games with fascinating layers. Available on Xbox Game Pass, Netflix Games, Steam and more.
- Exploring alien planets in Everspace 2. Available on Steam, Xbox, and PlayStation.
- Minecraft Legends for the younger crowd. It might even help them develop important social and academic skills! Available on Steam, Xbox, PlayStation, and Switch.
- Fighting dinosaurs in Second Extinction. Available on Xbox and Steam.
- The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom for fans of retro gaming. Link is one of the oldest video game characters—he made his first appearance in 1986! Available May 12 on Switch.