Several patches were applied this morning to Banner, including to Application Navigator, the application that manages the search and menu bars within Banner. These upgrades have some major enhancements including the ability to filter on Banner forms, to save your filters, save favorites, save personal preferences, and direct navigation.
- The App Navigator navigation button language has been updated with the changes to Clark’s policy making Banner accessible via the VPN. Banner Admin should only be accessed via a Clark managed device.
- There is a new Direct Navigation button on the App Navigator page. Information on the Direct Navigation pane can be found in the App Navigator Release Notes 3.2 in the Banner directory at \\fs\dept\its\Banner\Banner_9\Banner9ReleaseGuides\Application Navigator
- With this release, you can also indicate your “favorites” by clicking on the star icon alongside that object. The starred objects show up in a new Favorites icon on the left-hand menu. Click the icon to see the list of favorites.
- Save filter settings – you can now add additional filters and save them for future use. You will see a Settings button where this feature is available. You can add a filter option, open the Settings, and click Save Filter Settings.
- Save your column settings – you can now resize column sizes on certain pages and save those settings. Click Settings, then Save Column Settings.
- Save pagination settings – on pages that display data in grid formats and limit the number of rows you can see per page, you can increase or change those settings, click Settings, and click Save Pagination Settings.
Following the upgrade some users may see blank pages or have problems with the Banner search function. If you experience these problems please clear the cache on your browser (Chrome or Firefox) and try again.
ITS has finished implementing version 9 of Banner, the system that Clark uses for keeping student records, financial information, employment information, financial aid information, and more.
Banner 9 will impact everyone on campus…eventually. The upgrade has been staged in multiple parts so it will impact different people at different times. ITS will keep you up to date on when changes are happening and how they impact you. Today’s stage of the upgrade specifically addresses the users of the Banner 9 Admin Pages (formerly Banner INB).
Who is Impacted by Today’s Changes?
Today’s changes will only impact those who use Banner administrative forms (formerly Banner INB) to support the mission of the University. Students and faculty who only interact with Banner through CUWeb (SSB) will not be impacted at this time.
What’s New Today
- If you login to Banner to use INB/administrative forms, you will see a new landing/login page. You can link to it here.
- All modules will only be available via Banner 9.
- When you login to Banner 9 you will use your “regular” Clark credentials (email address) rather than a username/password that is specific to Banner.
What’s Staying the Same (for now)
- CUWeb (Banner Self-Service) will remain the same for now.
What’s coming next (and when)?
- Planning for the transition of CUWeb will begin in 2019.
For more information about Banner 9, please see…..
Several patches were applied this morning to Application Navigator, the application that manages the search and menu bars within Banner. Following the upgrade some users are seeing blank pages or having problems with the Banner search function. If you experience these problems please clear the cache on your browser (Chrome or Firefox) and try again.
How do I know whether the form I use is in Banner 8 or Banner 9?
As of April 16th, 2018, the Student, Accounts Receivable, and General modules are now available in Banner 9. Human Resources, Payroll and Position control will transition to Banner 9 at the end of April. The Finance, Financial Aid, and BDM/Xtender modules will transition to Banner 9 in September. As each module is available in Banner 9, it will no longer be available in Banner 8.
You can find a list of which modules are currently available in which version of Banner in the links table on the Banner and Administrative Systems landing page. All Banner pages in a particular module can be identified by the first letter of their title.
|Module||Pages Start With||Example Pages
|General||G||GJAPCTL, GOAEMAL, GOAINTL
|Student||S||SPAIDEN, SPAPERS, SGASTDN
|Accounts Receivable||T||TSAAREV, TGIACCD
|Human Resources/ Payroll/ Position Control||N, P||PEAEMPL, NBAJOBS, NBAPOSN
|Financial Aid||R||RRAAREQ, RPAAWRD
Please note that Job Submission is processed through the Process Submission Controls form (GJAPCTL). That means Job Submission is a General form, so all jobs, regardless of the first letter of their title, are now in Banner 9.
Which browser should I use for Banner 9?
Please see browser recommendations for Banner 8 and Banner 9 on the links table on the Banner and Administrative Systems landing page.
Which username and password do I use?
Read more →