Several patches were applied this morning to Banner, including to Application Navigator, the application that manages the search and menu bars within Banner. These upgrades have some major enhancements including the ability to filter on Banner forms, to save your filters, save favorites, save personal preferences, and direct navigation.
- The App Navigator navigation button language has been updated with the changes to Clark’s policy making Banner accessible via the VPN. Banner Admin should only be accessed via a Clark managed device.
- There is a new Direct Navigation button on the App Navigator page. Information on the Direct Navigation pane can be found in the App Navigator Release Notes 3.2 in the Banner directory at \\fs\dept\its\Banner\Banner_9\Banner9ReleaseGuides\Application Navigator
- With this release, you can also indicate your “favorites” by clicking on the star icon alongside that object. The starred objects show up in a new Favorites icon on the left-hand menu. Click the icon to see the list of favorites.
- Save filter settings – you can now add additional filters and save them for future use. You will see a Settings button where this feature is available. You can add a filter option, open the Settings, and click Save Filter Settings.
- Save your column settings – you can now resize column sizes on certain pages and save those settings. Click Settings, then Save Column Settings.
- Save pagination settings – on pages that display data in grid formats and limit the number of rows you can see per page, you can increase or change those settings, click Settings, and click Save Pagination Settings.
Following the upgrade some users may see blank pages or have problems with the Banner search function. If you experience these problems please clear the cache on your browser (Chrome or Firefox) and try again.
Banner 9, Argos, and Powerfaids are now available via Clark Wi-Fi for faculty and staff while on campus or using Clark’s VPN. You may only access Banner, Argos, and Powerfaids from wired, wireless, or the VPN, while using a Clark-managed device. You should not access these services using a personally owned device. A Clark managed device is a computer that was provided and managed by ITS and will have a Clark University bar code on it. If you wish to access these services using a personally owned device, you must continue to use the VPN and Remote Desktop to a Clark managed machine as you were before this change. Banner 8 Self-Service (CUWeb) will always be available, on any device, from any network.
ITS has finished implementing version 9 of Banner, the system that Clark uses for keeping student records, financial information, employment information, financial aid information, and more.
Banner 9 will impact everyone on campus…eventually. The upgrade has been staged in multiple parts so it will impact different people at different times. ITS will keep you up to date on when changes are happening and how they impact you. Today’s stage of the upgrade specifically addresses the users of the Banner 9 Admin Pages (formerly Banner INB).
Who is Impacted by Today’s Changes?
Today’s changes will only impact those who use Banner administrative forms (formerly Banner INB) to support the mission of the University. Students and faculty who only interact with Banner through CUWeb (SSB) will not be impacted at this time.
What’s New Today
- If you login to Banner to use INB/administrative forms, you will see a new landing/login page. You can link to it here.
- All modules will only be available via Banner 9.
- When you login to Banner 9 you will use your “regular” Clark credentials (email address) rather than a username/password that is specific to Banner.
What’s Staying the Same (for now)
- CUWeb (Banner Self-Service) will remain the same for now.
What’s coming next (and when)?
- Planning for the transition of CUWeb will begin in 2019.
For more information about Banner 9, please see…..
Several patches were applied this morning to Application Navigator, the application that manages the search and menu bars within Banner. Following the upgrade some users are seeing blank pages or having problems with the Banner search function. If you experience these problems please clear the cache on your browser (Chrome or Firefox) and try again.
Please note: Access to the administrative applications below allowed from Clark-managed devices only – details below.
PRODUCTION SYSTEM LINKS
|Application||Instance||Modules Available||Recommended Browser
|Banner 9||PROD||All||Firefox or Chrome
|Banner 8||PROD||Finance Custom Forms Only||Internet Explorer 10+
|CUWeb/ Self-Service Banner||PROD||N/A||Internet Explorer 10+
|Discoverer||PROD||N/A||Internet Explorer 10+
|Banner Oracle Security Change Request||PROD||N/A||Any
|What term is it?||WHAT TERM?||N/A||Any
Want to know what’s new with Banner 9? Watch Getting Started with Banner 9: An Overview of the User Interface and Keyboard Shortcuts