As announced in June, Clark is replacing Moodle with Canvas. Starting in Spring 2023, all courses will begin using Canvas as the Learning Management System (LMS). Click here for more information about this project.
Since our announcement over the summer, ITS has been busy working with faculty, students and staff, to prepare Canvas for our Fall 2022 pilot. This semester, as part of the pilot we have 97 courses, with 60 faculty and over 1700 student enrollments. ITS and much of the campus is getting lots of experience in making Canvas the best possible LMS for Clark.
As we move closer to our full campus launch for Spring 2023, here are some important dates for all community members to note.
Log into Canvas: The week of October 3rd
- All students, faculty and staff will be able to log into Canvas via ClarkYou or directly via https://canvas.clarku.edu with their Clark Account credentials. When you first log in, you will have access to a faculty and/or student training course to help you prepare for Spring semester.
Faculty: Hear From Your Peers: October 14th, 12pm to 1pm
- ATS will host a faculty webinar panel with Deb Robertson, Kristina Wilson and other faculty teaching in Canvas during the pilot. Learn more how pilot faculty have adapted to Canvas, and hear their advice. Click here to register.
Courses migrated from Moodle: The week of October 17th
- Courses from Spring 2022 and prior (that are currently available in Moodle) will be migrated to Canvas and available for faculty to access and use in future courses.
- Summer 2022 and Fall 2022 courses from Moodle will be available in Canvas in early January 2023 to ensure the content moved is as complete as possible. If you need to migrate this content sooner, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions.
Spring Shells available in Canvas: The week of November 14th
- Spring 2023 shells will be available to faculty to build in Canvas approximately 7 days after registration opens.
Faculty, TA, Staff and Student Training: Ongoing
- Many faculty, staff and student workshops and office hours are available to help you get as excited about Canvas as we are. Click here for up-to-date information on dates and times.
We know that moving to a new LMS can be both exciting and scary, but we’re here to help. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to your favorite ATS or ITS person for a conversation and to learn more about how we can help.